The Department offers higher education in classical biotechnologies with a modern approach, including brewing, distilleries, and winemaking as well as the production of vinegar and other substances through the fermentation. It additionally provides instruction in modern fields of bioengineering and biotechnologies such as pharmaceutical production, environmental protection, and alternative fuel production.
The Department offers a Bachelor Degree Programme in English
Chemistry and Technology - specialization - Biochemistry and Biotechnology
By choosing Biochemistry and Biotechnology, students have the opportunity to focus on biochemistry and various types of biotechnologies. The specialization thus provides both general biochemistry knowledge as well as skills in various biotechnological areas such as producing pure chemicals, biologically active molecules, and biofuels. This specialization also provides skills for technologies that solve environmental problems.
Information about writing a bachelor thesis and Final (State) exam
- General information for bachelor thesis can be found on university web.
- From this page, you can acces Cover generator and also Thesis template in English.
- Specific and detailed information about bachelor thesis writing can be reached from Biochemistry and Biotechnology specialisation web.
- From this web page, you can acces Final (State) exam topic areas.
- However, you should always follow the instructions of your supervisor, too.
- For students researching thesis at Department of Biotechnology:
- Regarding Discussion part - while it is possible to prepare joint version of Results and Discussion, the preferred variant is to prepare separate Discussion part having 1 page minimum extent.
- Mandatory part of the thesis is the Thesis Assignment signed by the Faculty dean. Please visit our Department secretariat (building A, room 111) and ask Mrs. Hana Kasparkova for this document.