The Department offers higher education in classical biotechnologies with a modern approach, including brewing, distilleries, and winemaking as well as the production of vinegar and other substances through the fermentation. It additionally provides instruction in modern fields of bioengineering and biotechnologies such as pharmaceutical production, environmental protection, and alternative fuel production.
The Department provides two Bachelor study programmes in Czech.
- Food and Biochemical Technology, Specialism Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Synthesis and Production of Pharmaceuticals, Specialism Biotechnology of Pharmaceuticals
The Department offers a Bachelor study programme of Biotechnology in English.
- Time to complete: Three years
- Study programmes: Based on core courses embracing general subjects
- Graduates are awarded the title Bachelor (equivalent to BSc)
- Diploma Supplement issued in both the Czech and English languages is provided automatically and free of charge to every student upon graduation